Hulp op een fiets om te kiezen

Hallo allemal,

Sorry my nederlands niet goed is maar ik probeer het.
Ik ben op zoek naar a nieuwe fiets, dat kan snel lopen en ook comfortabel om elke dag te fietsen, Ik ben niet expert over fietsen en technologie dus ik ben op zoek naar een advis. Dit zijn de fietsen dat ik heb gekozen en denk dat ze goed zijn.

1 - Scott Sub Sport 10 2018
2 - Pegasus Premio Ultralite 30V 2018
3 - Koga F3 4.0 2019
4 - Stevens 7x Lite Tour 2018
5 - Stevens 7x Tour 2018
6 - Stevens Avantgarde 2018

Ik kan niet hyper linken posten omdat ik nieuw ben in deze forum, maar u kunt alle fietsen vinden op 12gobiking website.

Bedankt en sorry nog een keer voor mij slecht nederlands.

De fietsen:

I do not like (cheap) suspension as it does not improve the comfort and gives more weight/maintenance so that gives the Scott, Koga, 7X Tour and Avantgarde minus points

For the rest I like to know how you think about maintenance, do it yourself or a bike shop. Also do you cycle when it rains or snows, that should influence if a belt or chain guard is preferred or not.

At this moment my likely choice for a commute bike would be the Cube Travel Pro.

I am not really very experienced with bikes so I don’t know if I will do the maintenance myself or at bike shop and I think I will be forced to cycle in all weather conditions since I have to go to my work and course daily, I am looking for a very well built bike that can handle whatever you throw at it and that can also cycles fast.

Thank you very much for posting the links for me.

The forum software is inhibiting you from hyperlinks, not because you are new here, but because you are new and used English language. Spam has always been used by (new) english language spammers. That’s why. We, so-called leaders, have no influence on it.
I have already expressed my favorite. If you do not maintain your bike yourself: buy it from a local dealer, not from any internet shop. The chain of a well build bike will still be the first component to wear out or at least need oiling. Get prepared!

Its unfortunate but that’s fine, I used my crappy Dutch;), regarding the bike, how often should you oil the chain and why you picked the Stevens 7X Tour? Because most if the bikes have almost the same technology built in. Also is Stevens a good brand with a good reputation? Whenever I ask a Dutch friend they usually point out at Gazelle, are these brands are as reliable as Gazelle?

Sorry, but the reputation of Gazelle is not more than tradition. It’s a laugh. The dutch bike market is frozen. They want all foreign competitors out. It is a lost case.
You oil a chain every 200km, so that could mean every week. After a wet ride, you dry it and oil again. By the way: I picked the Stevens 7x Lite Tour.

Okay thanks for the informations, also did you see the Stevens 7x lite tour in real life not just online? Because these bikes can literally be ordered online in one or two web shops and I was wondering if it will be comfortable as everyday bike. Also why not the Stevens 7x tour? I like the suspensions and I heard they give alot of comfort while cycling.

You will not find good suspension forks on bikes that are about €1000 and the best suspension you get riding everything apart for pure mountainbike routes is wide tires, see for instance

That is one of the reasons for my choice for the Cube Travel Pro as it has Schwalbe Big Apple 29x2.15 tires. If possible go try it yourself!

A chain takes quite some maintenance if you cycle with it through rain and especially snow, that was the reason I did chose a belt and I never did regret it.

Real life reviews of Stevens Lite bike series, especially their value for money, including reviews on this forum, have been positive for years. I am sorry, I already have 8 different bikes. Another one is too much. The quality of components, which is essential, more than the name on the frame, is no secret to me after 25years and more than 100.000 kms experience all over Europe.
The number of Stevens dealers is limited, indeed. It’s a pity.
Look elsewhere, as you like: Sensa: very similar.
Stevens is from Hamburg, Germany. Sensa is Dutch.
@MikeRZ +1
Go and ride one!

Thanks guys for the reactions, to be honest I don’t have much time to go try the bikes that’s why I was asking if you guys saw any of these bikes in real life, also you guys say some of these bikes have cheap suspensions? how come if most of the bikes are 1200 euro and upward? reason I am asking is because I want to get a good bike that can cycle fast and lasts long but also comfortable, so if you guys have any suggestions for good bikes with good suspensions maybe post them for me to check them out? that would be great.
Also @MikeRZ you are saying wider tires are better than thinner ones, but from what I read around that the smaller they are the faster they can go, is that a myth?

Yes I have seen Stevens hybrids in real life, but do not own one. But I have experience with all the components used. Components do vary in quality according to the level of the mounted Shimano (mostly)group. For instance: a bike fully equiped with XT components will give you trouble free riding for more than 10 year. But that comes with a price. All these city hybrids have simple coil suspensions, which are cheap to construct. Higher level suspensions including shock absorbers you will only find on expensive mountainbikes, never in these city hybrids. My advice: use a unsprung fork.
That narrow tires are faster than fatter ones is indeed a myth. Fatter tires are faster at the same tirepressure and in various cases also at (much) lower pressures. The drawback of fat tires is their higher weight and air resistance.

If you cycle at Tour de France speeds, the width of a tire comes into play although the professionals also did over the last years go from 23 to 25 and 28 mm. The extra weight of a wider tire is less than the extra weight of a suspension fork and has less maintenance. But in English:

https://janheine.wordpress.com/2018/01/03/12-myths-in-cycling-1-wider-tires-are-slower/

Yes, I once bought a “€1000” bike with suspension that I still use but the after half a year the suspension has always been locked out.

I am not sure what kind of bicycle experience you already have, but it might be good to start with a relative cheap second hand, especially if you live in a city.